You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to cut and move objects within PNG?

If you have placed the png file, 1st raterise it then make a seclection of what you want to move, select the move tool and move it

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

6 minutes ago, carl123 said:

If you have placed the png file, 1st raterise it then make a seclection of what you want to move, select the move tool and move it

It seems that if I rasterise the image, then I cannot freely transform it in Publisher. 

Is there a way around this issue?

Did not know you meant Publisher, there are separate forum sections for Publisher

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

What do you mean by "having two images within an image file"?

Can you give us a screenshot (including the image and the Layers panel), or (even better) share the actual image file?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 minutes ago, gumbo23 said:

I am doing the prep in Photo for Publisher, so am using both in this project.

Then why not do all the image manipulation in Photo then export it and place the exported image in Publisher. 

It will remain an image layer not a rasterised one.

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

What do you mean by "having two images within an image file"?

Can you give us a screenshot (including the image and the Layers panel), or (even better) share the actual image file?

Here's the image. I need to move the signature and date in the corner closer to the other elements.

Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 12.32.16.png

1 minute ago, carl123 said:

Then why not do all the image manipulation in Photo then export it and place the exported image in Publisher. 

It will remain an image layer not a rasterised one.

That's precisely what I'm trying to do. 

I need to move the elements closer together, and be able to freely resize the final image in Publisher.

1 hour ago, gumbo23 said:
1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

Here's the image.

But no Layers panel or the Affinity Photo file. :(

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1. Make a rectangle selection of the signature and copy/paste, that gives you a new layer with a copy of the sig
  2. Dismiss the selection Ctrl/Cmd D, select the copied sig layer and move it closer
  3. Select the initial image layer, take a brush, pick up/set it to the background color and paint over the old signature portion

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

3 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Select the initial image layer, take a brush, pick up/set it to the background color and paint over the old signature portion

Or you could use the clone tool to copy the background  over the old signature.

6 hours ago, gumbo23 said:

I have two images within a single image file

I suspect that the reason you did not get a solution earlier was that the respondents assumed that your signature was on a separate layer  from your drawing. This is why they asked to see the Layers Panel.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630