Apw

Crashing when painting in vector mode

Hello, 

I have been using Affinity  Designer for a few weeks now and love it. I am using a IPad Pro 12.2 iOS  memory 1TB.

However recently while drawing, the programme randomly closes down and goes back to the main menu or sometime back to import section. It only just started .

In 1 hour it glitched 5 times sometimes when I am not even drawing or touching it.  From opening the programme until it switches off  it is around 2 minutes. I contacted Apple and they are sure it is a developer issue. 

Hope you can help.

Thanks 

Hi Gabe,

I assume I have to download another app to do this. Can you recommend one unless AD as that function.

Thanks,

Actually iOS has this function already. You need to go to settings Control panel and enable it. Then when you want to record the screen just scroll down diagonally from top corner to open control panel and tap the circle with a dot in centre. Scroll back up to close panel and when you want to stop recording bring up the control panel a gain and tap the dot to stop recording. The video files are saved to your photo library. :)

It also helps if you turn on Show Touches in Designers setting as this shows screen touches on the recording.

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.1  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

@Apw unfortunately your recording has no content. Timeline on playback above shows 00:00 to -00:00. :(

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.1  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

I am sorry for the late response. My internet was down.

please see attached video.

Thanks

9340F757-B88C-43DF-8516-37D85804B31C.jpeg

9199E200-D37C-46DE-A202-94A96C4C80C5.jpeg

Thanks. I have logged this with our developers. 

However, using the vector brush tool would create millions of unwanted nodes. A better approach would be to use the pen tool to draw around the shape and then use a fill colour to fill it. Your method may look fine , until you need to export in a vector format. Because you're using pressure, all the curves will be expanded, creating even more points than you already have, resulting in huge files.