You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Outer Glow Treating Erased Pixels as Painted Pixels- Designer

Hey There,

I have some text that I've rasterized and erased bits of in pixel mode to make it look like neon tubing. When I then apply the Outer Glow effect, however, the effect doesn't seem to recognize the erased area, but treats it like I "painted" over the text with the background color (in this case, black); the glow doesn't touch the erased edges.

Below is the process I've followed to get here; I'll note that it's what I used to do in Adobe without issue, so perhaps it's a workflow thing, and not a bug. ...and yes, I know the erasure is sloppy- just testing it out at this point ;) 

1) Add text

2) Rasterize text layer

3) In Pixel Persona, erase text bits, as needed

4) Apply Outer Glow effect to text

I've attached some screenshots of the before/after effect.

Before Effect.png

After Effect.png

Alternatively, at least a screenshot of the layers panel (is it really erase pixels, not mask?). Otherwise there is no problem.

image.png.703ebfef755d98b699d82a9db7dbb7c3.png

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.