semolex

[Not Enough Info] Super large .eps file output from Designer

Hi all,

I purchased Affinity Designer for my wife so she can use it for her micro stock stuff.
But there is an issue with exporting EPS files - they are way too large. File can be 20mb at least when using vector brushes (which is way behind the limit of stocks).
Settings are attached.
Empty file is pretty big too.
Rescaling/resizing do not helps. Also, when she opens a file in Adobe Illustrator on PC, usually it is screwed...
Ticking the box "Make size smaller" or so - did not helped.
Is there is any suggestions, why files so big and why EPS is not inter compatible (which is not usual for eps files)?

Regards, Oleksii

IMG_0008.PNG

Hi @semolex,

Welcome to the forums. 

Without seeing the file, it's hard to tell. 

Are you using any textured vector brushes? If so, that's probably why, because they have a raster texture. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Thank you very much for reply!
In general - NO, I do not use that kind of brushes. The only brush, used here is the solid brush.
Here is the example of the file. 

model17.eps

That looks more like an by Illustrator generated EPS file instead of something generated by AD.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Well that last (Untitled.eps) also contains a bunch of strange image layers, not just vector curve layers ...

image_layers.jpg.e8b313aa40e3dd4501710eecd2ba745c.jpg

... which additionally blow up that drawn image size. Looks like a lot of image portions have been added as layers too here! Your previously shown model17.eps file just had/contained vector curves instead. - So I wonder who placed all those image layers inside there and for what purpose?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

The previous one was saved with Illustrator. This one is straight from AD. There is should be only two layers, only with vector brushes. This magic layers appears after export.

The last one, called “Untitled” is the original export from AD. Or you mean AD native format? (However, as I mentioned, final result I need is the EPS file).

Thanks.

Unfortunately, without the source file, there's not much we can investigate.

We have closed this issue as "Not enough info". If further information becomes available, we will re-open it.