cairos

Not saving manually or automatically

Designer 1.6.4.45

iOS 12.1.4

I have to say i’m quite disappointed in the seriousness of some bugs. For issues like saving there should be immediate fixes, and overall I’d prefer simple features to work over complex ones being introduced. You reading this and the developers behind the apps might be safe with version control but we aren’t. I’ve lost hours now with the inconsistent and buggy save features that are unintuitive to being with. They only reason I haven’t moved on is because there is no other alternative. I can’t offer any bug details as it simply doesn’t work sometimes. New/old files, restored/deleted app, sometimes the save feature does nothing. 

Hi @cairos,

I appreciate this, but how are we supposed to fix bugs, when you cannot provide any details? 

can’t offer any bug details as it simply doesn’t work sometimes. New/old files, restored/deleted app, sometimes the save feature does nothing. 

Which Save action? Document > Save ? Document > Save As? Saving from the main screen? Drag/drop from the main screen into the files app? Where is the default save location? iCloud? On the iPad? 

As much as we would like to help, we cannot investigate a bug when the only information we have is "doesn’t work sometimes".

Thanks,

Gabe. 

a quick search doesn’t show anyone else with these issues and i haven’t used the apps anymore. this happened even on a fresh ipad. maybe the save function worked too slow maybe ram limitation idk.

Good evening,
I am also experiencing the same problem with saving icloud files.
Foreword, I have an ipad pro 10.5 model number MPHG2TY / A. I've tried it before with saving a copy, and everything works here, but every time I try to save a change, the application creates a wrapped copy for me or no saving. the operating system I use and the beta ios13 version. Thanks for helping. With the ios12 system I don't remember this rescue anomaly.
Good job

14 hours ago, Salvatore82 said:

the operating system I use and the beta ios13 version

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. However, iOS 13 is still in beta and we don't support any issues caused by it.