You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.283

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: 64 Bit Win 7 SP1 / Win 8.1 / Win 10  (>=1607)

Hi,

We are pleased to announce Affinity Publisher build 283 is now available as a manual download from the link above and on auto-update.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks for your continued feedback.

---

This build fixes some recently discovered stability issues in build 270. It does not contain any updates to functionality.

We hope to issue another update with general fixes and improvements next week.

---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 270

Thanks Adam. Installed and working perfectly.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

• Staff
10 minutes ago, Hofnaar said:

The Update worked without problems before, but at starting the App windows told me that there is nothing installed O.o
Ive got an error at setup after that. Whats happened here?

please restart you machine and run the installer again

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
Just now, Hofnaar said:

Is this the new way of installing affinity apps?

It can happen if updates are installing in the background, and after the last beta has uninstalled the next is meant to chain and start but if Windows or anti-virus or something has lept in and started installing something on your machine our installer cannot start as planned, So this is unlikely to happen for you again but it will happen to other people on and off.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi,

After installing the lastest publisher update, I am finding it keeps shutting down in front of my eyes (but your recovered files are pretty good!).  There is no rhyme or reason to this.

It has also become much slower, and sits forever saving sometimes.  I have defragged and cleaned up to see if it was something else, but it doesn't appear to help.  I am making a practice of shutting the computer down periodically, but it shouldn't be a memory problem.  I am not sure if I can go back to the previous version, which was working fine?

One other thing, which may not be for this forum, is when it tells me I have lost some linked files upon opening a document, and asks if I'd like to link them, if I say yes, it comes up with a window, but it DOES NOT tell me WHICH are the missing files or links?  I have just been telling it NO and it seems to be going OK and all there, but I have no idea what it's wanting to find, or how to tell.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, JennyWren said:

but it DOES NOT tell me WHICH are the missing files or links?  I have just been telling it NO and it seems to be going OK and all there, but I have no idea what it's wanting to find, or how to tell.

Try looking in Document > Resource Manager for any clues

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.