Hey everyone! I am getting ready to purchase Affinity Designer finally and I was just curious about this. 

Is it possible to rotate your canvas while working on windows desktop? I'm sure you can on an ipad or something but I was hoping there is still a way to do this on the pc.

Let me know please! 

Thanks...

You can on Mac with a trackpad.

On Windows if you convert the canvas to an Artboard that can be rotated.

Screen-Shot-2019-03-27-at-07-44-20.png

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr

2 hours ago, firstdefence said:

You can on Mac with a trackpad.

On a Macs, there is a Tools preference to enable freely rotating the view of the canvas to any angle with a trackpad gesture, but for those not using a trackpad or not wanting that gesture to do anything, there is also on the View menu Rotate Left, Rotate Right, & Reset Rotation. The first two rotate 15° at a time & the third resets the view to 0°.

I am not sure but I think the Windows versions also have those 3 menu items.

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Ok perfect! Thanks guys. I appreciate you both getting back to me on this. Answered my question. I finally upgraded my computer so It can handle downloading Affinity.