You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Capability to fully finish project

Make a test with a few pages. Your printing house could check and report then. I guess Serif would be interested in the results. Me too, since I already make some small projects but only for in-house printing.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Yes, it is capable of doing the job. But keep in mind: Never ever use beta software for real clients and real projects! You might run into problems for which no solutions are available at the time you encounter them. For the time being, stick to Indesign, PagePlus or QXP for real projects.

Thanks for advice... I am wondering if the algorithm (or whatever is the name) for export is the same as in Designer... I am doing one big project which design is applicated in any possible way and solved it with print houses. Now I need to start a brochure. Publisher CRASHED ON FIRST STEP! Importing colour palette from Designer :(.

PDFlib for making PDF in export differ between the 1.65x and the 1.70x series. The 1.70x series use a newer PDFlib. I bet the export part was re-used for Publisher so it should probably work the same way.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I used AF Pub to make my wife's Doctoral research poster.  It's a single page 36 inches by 48 inches and it had imported graphics and photos along with a couple of tables.  The PDF I generated was used to print the poster on a vinyl sheet and everything worked perfectly.  I did mirror everything in Scribus as a backup in case I ran into problems with AF Pub (I don't have ID or Quark).  There was only one odd thing that happened in the whole process: at the FedexKinko's where I had the poster printed, the software they use to import the PDF seemed to have an issue displaying the PDF in a thumbnail view.  It came up blank but printed perfectly.

The template that the University gave her for the poster was set up on a page that was 13.25 inches by 7.5 inches. I'm still scratching my head on those dimensions.  I started out on that format but decided to scale it up to the finished 36 by 48.  The scaling worked perfectly, resizing the fonts and images.  The only downside was that the text styles were still based on the smaller format.  I had to go in and reset the styles to the new font sizes and spacing.  Fortunately, I only had a few paragraph and character definitions.  

I can see how this is going to be a really great package of applications once all of the apps are up to the 1.7 baseline.  Well done, Affinity team!