You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Slice export AP iPad

Hey, all. I'm pretty new to slices, so forgive my ignorance. Usually, I export to jpeg and tiff from AP and select my pixel dimensions (along with other options) in the export window. When exporting in the export persona, it doesn't seem there is an opportunity to select pixel dimensions. I'm assuming they get exported at the pixel dimensions of the slices themselves, but what if you want to use the slice tool just to define a split for a triptych or something? You can select quality and format presets, but not pixel dimensions. I'd imagine you could achieve the same with crop tool and multiple exports, but the export persona seems like a better solution if it had this ability. Thanks in advance if I'm missing something.

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

5 hours ago, Lee D said:

Within the Export Persona is the Transform Studio, from here you have options to set the slices dimensions, including the X and Y position.

Thanks for the quick reply.Yes, but that would change the size of the slice and select less or more of the image. Maybe if I give you an example of what I'm trying to do, it would better explain. So I'd like to split an image in two, and export the 2 resulting images in different pixel dimensions for print, Facebook and Instagram. This is something I do regularly from the export page in the Photo persona when I'm wanting to export an image as a whole. So basically, I'm looking to define an area of an image and decide what pixel dimensions I want that area to export as, along with file format and quality. Hope that helps a bit. Maybe I'm going about this wrong?

4 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi wgphoto,
You can only define slice's specific dimensions in the desktop version. On the iPad you are limited to 1x, 2x and 3x size.

Sounds like this has turned into a feature request:D

On 3/27/2019 at 11:21 AM, MEB said:

Hi wgphoto,
You can only define slice's specific dimensions in the desktop version. On the iPad you are limited to 1x, 2x and 3x size.

I wanted to see how this works in the desktop version, but could not see where to set export pixel dimensions from with the export persona.

• Staff

In the Slices panel in Export Persona, expand one of the slices clicking the arrow on the left of the thumbnail. Right below the format (extension) dropdown you have an input field (which you can also expand clicking the arrow to select a predefined value). Enter the value you want for the with or heigh there and and add a w or h respectively at the end (for example 600w to export an image with 600px width).