You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AffPhoto 1.6.7.(Mac) Opacity

2 Questions out of curiosity only :
Q.1:

Attached File Seascape 1: When selecting the Transparancy Group as Group, the Opacity is shown as 100%.
I have set the Opacity of all individual curves at 33%. It makes no difference whether rasterized or not.
Question : Why does the Group as a whole show at 100% and not as 33% ?

Q.2:
Screenshots: When the Layers panel is attached within the other panels, (RH image)  the focus is on the main panel (Red,Yellow,Green dots)
When the Layers panel is floating, (  LH Image)  the focus is OFF the main panel, even when selecting a layer within the panel,
as if the entire application is inactive.
I presume there's a perfectly logical explanation for this, but what is it ? I'd love to know, just curious :)  Thanks, C.L.

.214213667_Screenshot2019-03-26at19_48_37.thumb.png.75c0e96bac3961f7145900207e2b05ba.png829390888_Screenshot2019-03-26at19_49_07.thumb.png.647c8ac88aebcfe3c7713c53d917e018.png

seascape1.afphoto

Q.1: The Group opacity is 100%, independently of the opacity of its children, each of which could have a different opacity.

Q.2: When the panel is floating & you click in it, it does have the focus. It is just that floating Studio panels don't have the three Mac 'traffic light' window control buttons to indicate that it does. If the app itself does not have the focus, like if you click on the desktop behind all the windows or make another open app frontmost, floating Studio panels will disappear from the screen.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, catlover said:

Question : Why does the Group as a whole show at 100% and not as 33% ?

Because it is giving you 100% at 33%. You could achieve the same result with 33% for the group and 100% for each layer inside the group. You could also have different amounts of opacity on the layers, ranging from say 90% to 80% then adjust the overall opacity to somewhere between 40 to 50 percent for what ever reason you want. 

Your second question is answered by ninja master @R C-R. I will add that the three "Red,Yellow,Green dots" will function as expected whether they have focus or not.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

You could also have different amounts of opacity on the layers, ranging from say 90% to 80% then adjust the overall opacity to somewhere between 40 to 50 percent for what ever reason you want.  

You could also set the opacity of all child layers to 0%. If you then lower the opacity of the group, you can achieve even less than 0% opacity, which is a paradox and will destroy the universe.

21 minutes ago, catlover said:

That clears it up to about 90% opacity.

I hope you mean to about 90% transparency -- if it was ~90% opaque only about 10% would be clear to you. :P

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7