You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Request Text frame lock center

I use a lot of text captions next to photos. These look much better when centered on the photo's frame (left, right, bottom, top). Also using centre for the alignment in the text. Sometimes, the text frame needs to be narrowed/widened in order for the text flow to look better (so, for example, you do not end up with a single word on the last line of the caption). I struggle to manually keep the text frame centered while narrowing/widening the text frame. It would be very helpful to have a "modifier" key that will freeze the center of the text frame and as you narrow/widen one side, the other side would also narrow - keeping the text frame centered on another object. This seems to me similar to locking the aspect ratio on picture frames by using the Shift key as you drag a frame handle. This would also apply to making the text frame taller or shorter for the same reasoning.

This would save a huge amount of time in that 1.) the frame needs only to be narrowed, and 2. extra time is now spent also re-centering the frame since, now, only one side moves and it ends up non-centered. If there is such a method to do this, it escapes me at this time. Thanks.

7 hours ago, fde101 said:

There is a modifier key to scale around center - I think it is command?  You should be able to find it on the status bar at the bottom of the window when the move tool is selected and your mouse arrow is pointing at one of the handles.

When I grow up I want to be … someone who knows as much about Affinity Publisher as you do!

Using macOS 10.13.6 and Publisher 1.9.3

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.