You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer newbie Progress

Limlamliam

I'm new to AD and working through the workbook I thoroughly recommend it for anyone wanting to get to grips with AD, just playing around with the software is unlikely to cut it you need  to be taught somewhat and the workbook is great for that. I'm really enjoying reading through the book and I'm currently on the second illustration project (reflected skyline) having messed up the first project somewhat but I guess that is to be expected however the panther wasn't the easiest first project I don't think.

On 4/2/2019 at 8:57 AM, computeartnerd said:

I'm new to AD and working through the workbook I thoroughly recommend it for anyone wanting to get to grips with AD, just playing around with the software is unlikely to cut it you need  to be taught somewhat and the workbook is great for that. I'm really enjoying reading through the book and I'm currently on the second illustration project (reflected skyline) having messed up the first project somewhat but I guess that is to be expected however the panther wasn't the easiest first project I don't think.

My panther ended up in an assisted living facility.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

14 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

My panther ended up in an assisted living facility.

The Panther by Ogden Nash

The panther is like a leopard,
Except it hasn't been peppered.
Should you behold a panther crouch,
Prepare to say Ouch.
Better yet, if called by a panther,
Don't anther.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 2:20 AM, zeikro said:

Guys right now im in the coloring section starting and lines dissapear it says something about dissapearing the strokes but i can figure it out how, im still reading it thru

when you select a layer, on the right hand side in the strokes option i think it is, theres a white box with a red diagonal through it, that hides the strokes.

48 minutes ago, Limlamliam said:

Not had much free time, heres my panther. he lost an ear in birth, and his legs fell off but hes here.

liams panther fin.jpg

Well at least he can see where he is going, minus legs and an ear.   His eyes are lovely.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9