You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo - Create an animated gif

6 hours ago, v_kyr said:

... and convert/adapt that code over for ADe.

But what if that code from DP uses data structures that have no equivalent in AD? Does't that mean you first have to create those structures from scratch in AD before you can convert/adapt any DP code that uses them to run in AD?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 minutes ago, R C-R said:

But what if that code from DP uses data structures that have no equivalent in AD? Does't that mean you first have to create those structures from scratch in AD before you can convert/adapt any DP code that uses them to run in AD?

Make yourself first clear what data structures are, there are already tons of books telling you all needed to know about algorithms & data structures, with examples for their definition, implementation, usage & efficiency assessments and so on ... in/for various prog languges.

If an used data structure is nothing commonly predefined used one, so something more custom or own specific, then you have to convert it's code over from the source to the target system. Pretty much as what I've already told before and what I've done with/for the example ATN tool above, where I ported all of my initially written byte parsing and generation routines for the ATN file format (...Adobe's specific own data structures for ATN file formats) over to other prog languages for (re)usage on other host systems.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

4 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

If an used data structure is nothing commonly predefined used one, so something more custom or own specific, then you have to convert it's code over from the source to the target system.

To me, that sounds more like you are really writing the actual code from scratch that 'converting' it from a source like DP, but I guess that is just me.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

To me, that sounds more like you are really writing the actual code from scratch that 'converting' it from a source like DP, but I guess that is just me.

Think about what porting/converting one app from A to B overall means here and how you would accomplish that. Maybe you get an idea of how that can be practically done then!

It's as I initially said that this debate will go, as you don't have any knowledge, experiences and the like about programming, so don't seem to understand what others are telling you, that will finally yield here again into some endless & fruitless discussions about such things, as it did a lot of times before here in the forum.

The best will probably be, you and I don't discuss & talk about such things, you don't either way know nothing about. So we better let it just be! - I'm now leaving this thread here and will instead let other people explain some of the common basics of software development to you here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 7/9/2023 at 10:35 PM, v_kyr said:

The best will probably be, you and I don't discuss & talk about such things, you don't either way know nothing about. So we better let it just be! - I'm now leaving this thread here and will instead let other people explain some of the common basics of software development to you here.

I completely agree, vkyr. As I just wrote in another thread, lack of industry knowledge in multiple threads is a bad thing. The real stuff is drowned out by anything but useful content.

It all started in 2019 with:

How to make an animated gif?

It is now a task of Jupiter dimensions to skim page after page of posts with no value. I don't know what the benefit of a user forum is if it doesn't become a knowledge forum.

I'm forced to take a staycation this year where I plan to tinker with things I never have time for, and my old friend GIF could be an option. Or webp. It won't be in Affinity, but I'm happy to take recommendations on which software is best for that. OP might do the same - theoretically, right?

I think I'm going to focus on Blender during my vacation, now that I finally have the time and opportunity.

I found a workaround;

-first you make your stickman in a layer, that is in the group :)

-then you make or duplicate another layer... you know the rest.

grouping is for if there's a background object etc.

the idea is; can someone make a macro to hide the layers by order, and by fps, like  "play this animation at 30 fps"