You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some recommend for resource manager

to edit a big publish must be has many resources.
although, publisher resource manager is good already.
but maybe can make it better. as follows.

1. display a count to show how many resources been used in the document.
2. the interface can be like a assset or pages. to be a dock panel not a pop window.
3. can import resources to the manager. even the resource didn't use yet. it can prepare resources for the next editing.

and so on, I think it will be better for user experience.

I really so like affinity software. I bought  designer and photo already. and I'm still looking forward publisher and affinity DAM
thanks for affinity team effort :D

Edited by Roy. Y.

I like these ideas.  One Use Case I've been thinking about using this application for is to build Wedding and Special Event Photo Albums.  There are lots of tools out there to build those books, but with the integration of Photo and Designer, this one would totally crush the competition.  Adding in all the images to be used in the album and then using the resource manager to manage that those images have been used would be a great way to manage that project.  

Hi, Michael

Yes. we thinking of the same things :D
because I'm a photographer. so I need those tools to build Wedding and Special Event Photo Albums.

for now I think affinity is a lack of Digital Asset Management software like Adobe Lightroom.

1. Totally agree on DAM such as LR. Would need to be capable of importing V. 6 LR catalog, etc. Take some tips from the fellow that wrote the "DAM Book," Peter Krogh.

2. Resource Manager - agree with above.

- It would be useful to be able to export the Resource Manager list to text file or to print that includes the file path detail as well (spreadsheet option?)

- Also, would be possibly useful to point out (highlight?) duplicate file names, since they are in alphabetical order anyway.

Working like Roy, I have over 680 images on some 197 pages so far in a single document.

• 2 weeks later...

Also:
I would love to see some kind of "edit resource in external app" - functionality or at least "show in finder / explorer".
As it is, when I want to edit a photo in AffinityPhoto, I have to memorize the path and go there manually.

That would be one extra step the user could be spared. Or is this coming with Pixel Persona?

4 hours ago, mirkoschieder said:

when I want to edit a photo in AffinityPhoto, I have to memorize the path and go there manually.

File -> Edit in Photo

However, last I checked, the corresponding option in Photo to get it back to Publisher was still missing (same with Designer).

33 minutes ago, fde101 said:

File -> Edit in Photo

However, last I checked, the corresponding option in Photo to get it back to Publisher was still missing (same with Designer).

File > Edit in Photo sends the complete Publisher document to Photo, with the complete current page active as the Photo document. That's significantly different from bring able to edit the embedded or linked image file by itself :)

And you're right, you can't easily get back to Publisher. You need to save the .afpub file from Photo and reopen it in Publisher.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

For the  Resources Manager it would be handy to have a function to create a file of all assets listed as .csv file. This file should also contain the links to the assets.

A step further is to implement a function to consolidate the project. That means, all assets, as far as possible, are stored in one folder, preferable with mapping the folder structure of the origins.

Norbert