You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug: Alarming flickeriness in global source stuff

1. Select Clone Brush
  2. Alt-click on image -- adds '+'
  3. Click Add Global Source -- Brings up Sources panel with current layer in
  4. Click on layer in Sources panel
  5. Click on dustbin in Sources panel -- layer deleted
  6. Click on eye in bottom left of Sources panel -- image disappears (shouldn't do this, I presume)
  7. Change Source: on top context text menu to Global
  8. Move mouse over image area -- goes all flickery! -- made up of squares from image.

Also:

1. Duplicating and deleting layers also leads to strangeness.
  2. Even pressing control sets it off.
  3. Source: on context menu sometimes gets greyed out. Restoring it to Current Layer seems to help.

Looks like a bit of code has lost its way.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Also, Add Global Source button is greyed out unless Source: Current Layer is set (fair enough), and a source point is already added. Yet you can bring up the Sources panel, switch to another image and add this with the Add Global Source icon on the Sources panel without having to add a source point.

And if you have the Sources panel up, click on an image there and hit Delete, it deletes the current layer from the layer panel. This is confusing. I would expect the Delete key to act in the same way as the 'bin' in the bottom right corner of the Sources panel.

And while I'm being pernickety (sorry) it seems the Add Global Source button on the context keyboard means 'add the current layer as a global source'. Maybe add the 'as' (or 'to') to avoid confusion?

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Update:

And if you have the Sources panel up, click on an image there and hit Delete, it deletes the current layer from the layer panel. This is confusing. I would expect the Delete key to act in the same way as the 'bin' in the bottom right corner of the Sources panel.

Our developers came back and said this is by design. The delete key always deletes the current layer. This is the same in all other lists/tables in the app.

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Clone tool and sources panel - Glitch) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you. The Sources panel Delete key issue is "by design" as the delete key always deletes the current layer. This is the same in all other lists / tables in the app

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.