dmstraker

Bug: Alarming flickeriness in global source stuff

1. Select Clone Brush
  2. Alt-click on image -- adds '+'
  3. Click Add Global Source -- Brings up Sources panel with current layer in
  4. Click on layer in Sources panel
  5. Click on dustbin in Sources panel -- layer deleted
  6. Click on eye in bottom left of Sources panel -- image disappears (shouldn't do this, I presume)
  7. Change Source: on top context text menu to Global
  8. Move mouse over image area -- goes all flickery! -- made up of squares from image.

Also:

1. Duplicating and deleting layers also leads to strangeness.
  2. Even pressing control sets it off.
  3. Source: on context menu sometimes gets greyed out. Restoring it to Current Layer seems to help.

Looks like a bit of code has lost its way.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast Photo with i7-3770 + 16Gb RAM + Philips 40in 4K; Surface Pro 4 i5

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Also, Add Global Source button is greyed out unless Source: Current Layer is set (fair enough), and a source point is already added. Yet you can bring up the Sources panel, switch to another image and add this with the Add Global Source icon on the Sources panel without having to add a source point.

And if you have the Sources panel up, click on an image there and hit Delete, it deletes the current layer from the layer panel. This is confusing. I would expect the Delete key to act in the same way as the 'bin' in the bottom right corner of the Sources panel.

And while I'm being pernickety (sorry) it seems the Add Global Source button on the context keyboard means 'add the current layer as a global source'. Maybe add the 'as' (or 'to') to avoid confusion?

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast Photo with i7-3770 + 16Gb RAM + Philips 40in 4K; Surface Pro 4 i5

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Update:

And if you have the Sources panel up, click on an image there and hit Delete, it deletes the current layer from the layer panel. This is confusing. I would expect the Delete key to act in the same way as the 'bin' in the bottom right corner of the Sources panel.

Our developers came back and said this is by design. The delete key always deletes the current layer. This is the same in all other lists/tables in the app.