You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrong tab order in transform pane

Hi, just a minor (but annoying thing):

I use Publisher 1.7.0.270 (latest version) on Mac 10.14.3. German language.

Also for the previous version: 

The tab order in the transform panel is wrong. I enter the cursor into the x-field, enter my value, press tab …

… and the width-field is activated. From there the cursor jumps to the y-field, then to the height-field (see screenshot).

Correct tab order in my understanding would be X > Y > Width > Height

Thanks for making a great app

Reinhard

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-26 um 10.31.34.png

2 minutes ago, fde101 said:

X -> W -> Y -> H means horizontal followed by vertical.

It might not be what you are used to, and may or may not be ideal, but it does at least have a form of logic to it.

I do see there is a form of logic to it. But not a very helpful logic. Usually the coordinates belong together. And then the dimensions. Mixing this means confusion for me …

Thanks

Reinhard 

I am not seeing either behaviour in the current build (283) on Mac.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 4 months later...
On 3/27/2019 at 5:57 PM, Pauls said:

yes 283 does seem fixed

@Pauls I noticed this annoying bug in early 2018-betas but I'm not sure it ever worked for me.

Nevertheless, It's broken in the current release-version (1.7.1 MacAppStore) and also the latest beta (1.7.2.458).

Info: I'm on a Mac and I use german keyboard-layout (and language) update: changed the language to english - same bugs.

I'm getting ready to switch from InDesign CS5 and occasionally start projects simultaneously on both apps to get used to some changes in my workflow, so please fix this soon! Also, I checked other panels, and there are many strange things happening when using the TAB-key, but they are usually not that important for me as the transform-panel, which is the most used, right after the cmyk-colour slider.

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

Hi,

I started this thread and just checked with my version of Publisher:

• I am on a Mac, too,
  • have version 1.7.1,
  • use German language,
  • bought Publisher on the Affinity store

and everything works fine with me. Tab order on the transform panel is correct.

Good luck

Reinhard

45 minutes ago, reinhardmohr said:

bought Publisher on the Affinity store

the only thing thats different for me is that I bought all my Affinity apps on the macAppStore...

But this happens on the beta too, which is directly downloaded from affinitys website.

So if this is not happening to you anymore, I'm wondering if this inconsistency on my macs could be system related... 

But to be honest, it really shouldn't matter, it should just work.

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.