You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transforming a one pixel column without BLUR

When I transform a one pixel column and make for example 100 pixel widht column I don't obtain a opaque column, affinity create a Transparent-Opaque-Transparent Gradiente from left to right 

WHy? I'm transforming a one pixel column, why it add a inexistent gradient?

• Staff

Hi Alberto,

Is this Affinity Photo or Designer?

Also what is the Fill mode on the object before transforming it to 100 pixel.  I wonder if there is already a gradient set that you just can't see when it's one pixel wide and then increasing to 100 you are seeing the fill that you've got selected on the Context toolbar at the top of Affinity.

If that doesn't help, can you attach a sample .afdesign/afphoto file before you apply the transform to 100 pixels

34 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Hi Alberto,

Is this Affinity Photo or Designer?

Also what is the Fill mode on the object before transforming it to 100 pixel.  I wonder if there is already a gradient set that you just can't see when it's one pixel wide and then increasing to 100 you are seeing the fill that you've got selected on the Context toolbar at the top of Affinity.

If that doesn't help, can you attach a sample .afdesign/afphoto file before you apply the transform to 100 pixels

Hi Stokerg

I'm working with affinity photo, and thi is the problem

I have this column of pixel selected and I want to transofrm it. I want to make wider to fill a part of the image

image.thumb.png.a12b17eccdd8b71aeba4fc71f7285260.png

Then when I transform the selection I obtain this

image.thumb.png.7671b878c6c59579a684a01f76b3de1f.png

When I only want the same color in all the box

• Staff

Can you attach the .afphoto file for this.

In the 1st reply, you've posted a screenshot of what looks like one of the shapes, a rectangle.  So as long as the Fill is set to solid black when you increase the size it should be a solid black.  With the copy and paste issue, make sure you don't have a Feather set on the selection tool, as that would cause this kind of gradient issue 

• Staff

Okay it's because you've used a normal paintbrush to make the 1 pixel column.  If you switch to the Pixel Tool, it's on the fly out for the main brush tool, it will work as expected and you won't need to make a selection, you can just click on the column of pixels to select it and then expand it

I'm sorry, I must be explaining myself awful. I will try to explain myself again.

Sometimes when I'm editing an image I need to fill in areas. Zones that are not homogeneous but have a repeating horizontal pattern. The only quick way to fill these zones is to take a part and extend it to the sides so that it fills.

For example

image.png.bde1a8ed07caccb2309feb1265486d57.png

When I transform the one pixel width column that I want to fill all the textboxes in photoshop I obtain this

image.png.6e0edcabdc85fbf891a7b62cb709e9be.png

But in affinity photo I obtain this

image.png.4cce2066e5be320ce75d338887080594.png

or this

image.png.5adc5e1f63b7733fa425204a39d27420.png

Affinity photo don't keep the opacity, don't let me select the filter that apply to transform or some option or automization to avoid this.

This is a example of the use of transform in one column pixel, yes, I know that I can do filling the text box with a color. Understand that it's an example and in other situations it is the fatest way to work.

• Staff

Hi Alberto thanks for the screenshot, i fully get what you are trying to do and from looking into this further Photoshop is doing something that we aren't.  I can get it to work in Affinity Photo BUT i have to link the width and height box using the link icon on the transform panel.  The downside to this, it also alters the width as well as the height, so you'd end up with a completely fill section of pixels but it would be too big width wise.  At this stage myself and the QA team are not sure if this is a bug or working as expected.  

On testing in Photoshop, i can see this method just works.  The only solution we know of for now is to use a rectangle shape to fill in the space shown in your screenshots.  Once i've got further information i'll update here