You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MarcBr

Hey folks,

here is another edit/composite using AP

Result (work in progress):
899926513_AngkorWat_small.thumb.jpg.503e8d76a2f02d3a108c08cbda8b6de4.jpg

Source:
1713949945_AngkorWat_orig.thumb.jpg.79f253fca5452b59ba0a4c3a0b0bd2e6.jpg

At the moment, I am not quite happy about the masking of the palm leaves :57_cry:
Refining the mask crashed Affinity Photo several times, so I tried my best with manual masking, but I am still not where I want to have it - maybe I will have to spend another hour to get it right...

If you have some good hints about better masking, I would be happy :16_relieved:

Besides, what do you think about the edit?

Cheers, Marc

I like your sunset/rise imposed on the sky. However, I find that the Swan looks wrong. It looks to be the wrong size. I'm not sure what size it should be though. Are Mute Swans found in Cambodia? I can find no indications that they are. Perhaps it is this that jars.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Hey John, 

32 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

Are Mute Swans found in Cambodia? I can find no indications that they are.

I didn't see any swans there, but lots of monkeys who try to steal your water :4_joy: I used the swan, so the pond doesn't look that empty. Because I only use my own photos, I haven't found any alternative to put onto the pond. I will try to resize the swan, but compared to the water lily in the background I can not shrink him too much. 

Thank you very much for your thoughts and have a great evening :1_grinning:

2 hours ago, MarcBr said:

Hey folks,

here is another edit/composite using AP

Result (work in progress):
899926513_AngkorWat_small.thumb.jpg.503e8d76a2f02d3a108c08cbda8b6de4.jpg

Source:
1713949945_AngkorWat_orig.thumb.jpg.79f253fca5452b59ba0a4c3a0b0bd2e6.jpg

At the moment, I am not quite happy about the masking of the palm leaves :57_cry:
Refining the mask crashed Affinity Photo several times, so I tried my best with manual masking, but I am still not where I want to have it - maybe I will have to spend another hour to get it right...

If you have some good hints about better masking, I would be happy :16_relieved:

Besides, what do you think about the edit?

Cheers, Marc

I would consider adjusting the white point of the source image to be warmer toned to match the sunset sky. As it is now, the highlights and over all tone are clearly from a few hours before or after mid day, so the source image looks too cold/blue in its tones. 

I would try Split toning the image with much warmer highlights and slightly warmer shadows.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17