You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

bugs v270 now: .283

Hi,

WORKS NOW 1. seems that the changing of the bookformat does not work now, only the same proportions are possible.

WORKS NOT 2. The table counts as before the page with a title minus 1.

CHANGE PAGES IN BROWSER WORKS NOW

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

Hi, in .283 the bugs in v270

WORKS NOW: 1. seems that the changing of the bookformat does not work now, only the same proportions are possible.

WORKS NOT: 2. The table counts as before the page with a title minus 1.

CHANGE PAGES IN BROWSER WORKS NOW

I forgot one problem: in my system images are included even the setting is: prefer linked. Deleting a source pic from the computer what was before set in a .afpub then after a newstart publisher tells me, it failes; but if I say: don´t search, it is shown without beeing on the computer (but in .afpub). The .afpub allone has 121 KB and with the "only linked" pic 6,7 MB. Reg. lars

3 minutes ago, larsh said:

I forgot one problem: in my system images are included even the setting is: prefer linked. Deleting a source pic from the computer what was before set in a .afpub then after a newstart publisher tells me, it failes; but if I say: don´t search, it is shown without beeing on the computer (but in .afpub). The .afpub allone has 121 KB and with the "only linked" pic 6,7 MB. Reg. lars

That is how Linked works at this point, and it has worked that way since the first customer beta of Publisher. We do not yet know how Linked will work when Publisher finally becomes available for sale, as Serif has not told us their plan in that area.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Good to know that is not allone my problem. Is the mistake with the page numbers too known by others? 

• Staff

I might be missing something obvious here, but looking at the file the page numbering seems to be correct? Can you point me towards what I might be missing?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I don´t understand what I can do. Please look to the screenshots. Allways the titel page2 are written on the right side as 5 for instance (Kapitel 1). But all titles in the table show the number of the left side before: 4, not 5 and so on as you see in the full table, screenshot page 3. And it happened with another book, 392 pages (by the way this one includes around 370 pics, was 1,09 GB/ the smaller one: Detail+ has 126 pics and now 938 MB, but this is not importend for me). Reg. larspage2.thumb.jpeg.d18ac7732dfc579b264113f13c5bb7b8.jpeg

page3.jpeg

1 hour ago, larsh said:

I don´t understand what I can do. Please look to the screenshots. Allways the titel page2 are written on the right side as 5 for instance (Kapitel 1). But all titles in the table show the number of the left side before: 4, not 5 and so on as you see in the full table, screenshot page 3. And it happened with another book, 392 pages (by the way this one includes around 370 pics, was 1,09 GB/ the smaller one: Detail+ has 126 pics and now 938 MB, but this is not importend for me). Reg. lars

This is because your Section starts at 0 (zero) for some reason.

I changed the settings in the second screenshot.

wrong.jpeg.71b4160f5d56ea06d175b9a0350083a4.jpeg

fixed.jpeg.b6c55189f860ab80cd7c7f6900b5be14.jpeg

Then I updated the Table of Contents.

updated.thumb.jpeg.5de68f96a1c2aa5d4def4b491d09a3a8.jpeg

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi, thanks, but please have a look to the page numbers. If I do that they change from left to right and then in the table it seems to be ok. I need the first page as Nr. 1 on the right side, 2 at the left page and so on. May be there is one setting more? lars

Found it.

You have no master page applied. Some how you have the page numbers entered independently on each page.

Remove them all. Set the Section  up like I showed in the 2nd picture above. Apply your master page to the pages you want the page numbers on and you will be good to go.

20 minutes ago, larsh said:

Hi, thanks, but please have a look to the page numbers. If I do that they change from left to right and then in the table it seems to be ok. I need the first page as Nr. 1 on the right side, 2 at the left page and so on. May be there is one setting more? lars

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

Hi, that may be the reason. I made the first three pages by hand, if I remember it right, in the former book. Then they were copied the first some hundred at once. After that I created a masterpage and copied some pages more... In this new book I took the first one .afpub, deleted the pics and filled it with new pics and changed text.

I will start with a master the next project. Thanks. lars

Hi, I made a new .afpub starting with making Master A (double p). Then there are added some of this Mp A. The table is as before. And in the Section manager I tried both. But if page 1 is shown as Nr. 1 the numbers of the pages with titel are thus of the left page beside (as in the test.afpub). If Section manager is set to the other possibilty the first page is Nr. 2 and the titels on the right side are set to 2, 4, following, in the table is shown then 3, 5...

So, what is my mistake, please? Thx, lars

test.afpub

I don't know why you want to have the Section Manager start with 

00.jpeg.c5f394c77f1134ed44661e60ff5a4d8d.jpeg

instead of

11.jpeg.8e78026865affd6927510bad5bec152e.jpeg

Also I think you may be getting the 'wrong' page numbers on your master page. I have edited your document and suggest you play with the two settings and update your ToC after each change. There are now Previous Page Number, Current Page Number and Next Page Numbers on each page.

test.afpub

EDIT 2: Really, I made a .afpub with correct ToC. Thanks, and sorry for the confusion. Best regards, lars

EDIT: I started to move the pics from the file with the mistake to the new test.af.pub, it works not so bad.../ finished.

Thank you so much, OB. Your test.afpub works fine. The reason to start with the first option is that only then I have correct page numbers on my pages. If I follow your way in my other book, which I work in the moment, there two problems (see attachment):

1. most it is not open the field with the page: 1 in the table Section Mangaer (may be it is not necessary, in your post it is grey too; in the moment it works, whatfore ever).

2. please look to the attachment. The TOC is ok, the page numbers in the browser (!) too: 2,3/ 4,5... But in the viewer now a) page no. 4 is gone and b) on left pages are the odd numbers 5, 7...

But that may be for the first some 100 pages are not Master pages. And I see no way to change that in one way (then it´s better to change later the TOC numbers). And there seems no way to move the 100 pics to the test.afpub easy. So if you see a way out of the trouble I would like to go it. Otherwise I take your file the next book. Best regards, lars

s-nr.jpeg

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.