Gebbie

How can I make certain brushes continuous over red nodes / remove red nodes

Posted (edited)

Hello.

With some brushes I can not work out how to have them a continous loop. They leave a gap over the red node and if I delete the red node the next node becomes red.

How can I avoid this?

Thanks.

image.png.b9c7f832e1248f6790af13d8fdfafcda.png

Edited by Gebbie

Click on the red node and select Break Curve from the Action options

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials Instagram & Flickr

Many/most texture brushes are designed to have a gap at the beginning and end, so they look like a real brush fading in and out. Try using the "edit brush" mouse menu, and change the brush head and tail end position. If a bit is clipped off, the texture will go all the way to the end of the vector.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

3 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Click on the red node and select Break Curve from the Action options

You may also want/need to set the stroke Cap property to either Round Cap or Square Cap -- Butt Cap will leave a gap. Alternately, overlap the two end nodes a bit.

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1