You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to Remove Text Outline? Reds Don't Match

Proofreading Excellence Logo - draft - Times New Roman font.afdesign

The red "P" in the attached image file has a black outline. How do I remove the outline?

The red in the "P" appears to be a slightly different shade than in the horizontal line through the P. I'd like the horizontal line to be the same shade as the "P". How do I do that?

Edited by lbohen

• Staff

Hi lbohen,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
To remove the black outline, select one of the text tools (Artistic or Frame Text tool) select the P, go to the context toolbar click the Stroke colour well then click the None tab to remove it. If you don't see the Stroke colour well (because the width of the application is not large enough to display all the commands) click the >> symbol at the right end of the context toolbar to display the rest of the controls.

To apply the same colour to the line, select the line, go to the Swatches panel, click the Stroke colour circle (the outlined circle, not the filled one) in the fill/stroke switcher on the top left of the Swatches panel to select it if necessary (should appear on top), then click the small red rectangle colour well in the Recent area right below (the third counting from left) to apply it.

• 2 years later...

I click the stroke color and I don't see a none tab. I found a way to disable this once before but it seems like you just default it back.

For the record, having this app default to putting an outline on all your text seems like an absolute terrible "feature" why would that be the default? I would venture to say 99.74% of all people will want text without an outline border, this is not a feature, its a nuisance and right now I cant work because I can use type and I cant disable this terrible "feature".

I will keep looking, I am guessing you updated the interface since this article was written and you moved the functionality to make text not totally suck to some other hidden hard to find, not intuitive menu option.

Feature request, don't make outlined text the defaults, its terrible and its never a desirable default by almost any user of your software. Default should be along the lines of "how most people use this tool" IMO.

s

New answer to this since I guess you removed "stroke color" and just have color here now. the answer to this is not to use "no style" because "no style" actually means STYLE with text outlines, by default. So either make your own style or use "body" or some other style that doesnt default to using a text outline.

Still recommend that "no style" = "no style" aka, no text outline. Where as right now "no style" = "styled with text outline" - This should not be a default!