You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is most likely a system glitch rather than something in Affinity but I'm hoping someone will have an idea how to correct it.  Suddenly yesterday, while moving a folder of saved Affinity images, every file with an .afdesign or .afphoto suffix lost the preview on their thumbnails.  Just went blank!  These were files that 15 minutes earlier had normal preview thumbnails.  I was not in either Designer or Photo at the time.  I was just organizing folders.

The reason I think it's system-related is that I also found a folder of NEF files that has lost their previews as well.  A thing that makes me think it might not be system-related is that when I did a Get Info on those files, they were set to Open With…Affinity Photo.

With the NEF files (a year's worth!) I was able to use a batch process in Capture NX2 to resave those files.  Resaving restored their previews.  Resaving did not restore any of the Affinity files.  And new files, in both programs, no longer save with preview icons.  At the moment, if I want to have a preview thumbnail, I have to export the file as either a PNG or a PSD.

Any and all suggestions welcome!  I am stumped.  

Update:  Per suggestion in another thread, I deleted both the Designer and Photo betas and reinstalled them (after downloading them again in case there was a glitch in the download.)  Opened a folder of Designer files and some of them had previews showing, others did not.  Closed that folder and opened the Photo files folder, no previews at all.  Went back to the Designer folder and all of those previews were now blank again.  

Problem solved!  Didn't occur to me that the "Open With…" dealie was the problem.  Not sure how it got changed.  I don't remember changing it.  But once I changed it to Open With Preview, it fixed all the thumbnails.