You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature parity between affinity photo iOS and desktop

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should purchase the affinity designer desktop app. I'm a hobbyist at the moment using graphic on my iPad pro. Im going to pick up designer for the iPad whenever it's released but I was trying to figure out how many tools the iOS app would be missing, if any, when compared to the desktop app.

I figure looking at the comparison between affinity photo's iOS app and the desktop app would be a good indication of what to expect.

For those of you using photo on desktop and iOS, are there enough tools missing that you have both versions of the app?

I'd like to work on the iPad as much as possible at least until there is a program out there that'll let me reliably use the iPad like a cintiq with my PC. However, if there is a big enough difference between the two versions of the app then I may as well pick up the desktop version now when it's on sale.

Thanks

• Staff

Hi Aapn77,

Welcome to the forums :)

The iPad version of Designer is already out! You can see some of the differences in this thread though there aren't many.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.