You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sorry for being a nuisance am just trying to learn Affinity. I may not be understanding something correctly with the Clipped Highlights and Clipped Shadows in the Develop Persona Exposure Section. If I open a RAW file and set the clipped options, I would expect that as I pull the Exposure Slider to the right for the image to brighten the clipped highlights to go red. If I do the opposite and pull the Exposure slider to the left I would expect the image to darken and the clipped shadows to go blue. This doesn't happen sliding to the right the clipped highlights go Red, but if I slide to the left the image just darkens and no clipped shadows are shown, even when the image is completely black. Is this what is suppose to happen?

I have found by experimentation that the only one of the Exposure sliders which shows Shadows Clipping is the Blackpoint slider, whereas the Clipped Highlights and Tones are shown on all 3 of the Exposure sliders.

Am I missing something?

Thanks MEB, I have found out that adjusting the Blackpoint does show clipped shadows, but I would have expected the Exposure and Brightness to show the clipped shadows in the same way as they show clipped highlights and tones. So you are saying Affinity is working the way it was intended.

Thanks for reply