You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when moving spreads

App crashes, v1.7.0.270, (MacOS 10.14.3) when selecting double page spread when I'm about to move page within the spread. This was working fine right up until v1.7.0.270, so hopefully that helps to locate the code change that created the problem.

This is completely repeatable, also crash reports are sent to Apple automatically.

Is Serif able access crash data from Apple? Is there useful crash data I can provide to Serif?

Cheers

Chrisso

Hi all.

First post and first real problem encountered. Previous version of publisher were running on a 2011 macbook pro i7 running Sierra now on a brand new 2018 mac mini (which has its own problems)! running 10.14.03, Publisher crashing when stretching a text frame alongside trying to move spreads. Reports being sent to Apple?

I have been using the Publisher Beta since early days and this is my first real problem. Such a great set of apps I have Designer and Photo.

Thanks

Rob

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Hi all.

First post and first real problem encountered. Previous version of publisher were running on a 2011 macbook pro i7 running Sierra now on a brand new 2018 mac mini (which has its own problems)! running 10.14.03, Publisher crashing when stretching a text frame alongside trying to move spreads. Reports being sent to Apple?

I have been using the Publisher Beta since early days and this is my first real problem. Such a great set of apps I have Designer and Photo.

Thanks

Rob

Re: Reports to Apple. Yes, under MacOS, any app that crashes will generate a crash report which by default (and if you allow it) goes to Apple engineers. It's a hex dump of what was happening at the time of the crash plus some system info. I don't know what level of information (if any) Apple shares with its registered MacOS developers.

41 minutes ago, Pauls said:

we're looking to get this fixed and a new build out ASAP

Thanks, I've just suffered this crash and it is a pretty essential tool. 

In fact, I've been using .270 this afternoon and it has now crashed 4 times in about half an hour (not just this bug).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.