Teri Frenette

course inquiry

I bought Affinity photo for iPad a week ago. Using Photoshop Elements on my PC since Version 2, I wonder if I am able to learn and understand Affinity. Needless to say, it is a complete new concept, but incredibly fascinating. However, I feel I need more than some tutorials and Youtubes. Could anyone recommend an online course. 

There are many Video Tutorials for beginners listed in the Tutorials forum. If you are looking for paid-for videos then I would recommend those provided by Simon Foster (aka @drippy cat) on Udemy.com.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Thank you John for the recommendation of Simon Foster. I did see them and was considering them, even more, that they were pointed out. I have also looked at countless tutorials videos and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks again,

Teri

46 minutes ago, Affinidesigner said:

Probably better than Simon's courses are the course by Video School Online (Phil Ebiner) also found on Udemy.

I took a look but didn't find anything for Affinity, but AFAIK Udemy doesn't have a good way to find all courses by a given author and I didn't spend a lot of time poking around.

Windows 10 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP & AD

3 hours ago, Affinidesigner said:

Here's a link for a great course.

He only has one AP course that's over 3 hours (Complete Guide) which is what I'm looking for at this early stage in my training. It looked a bit basic, but going over things especially from a different perspective is good training. It sounds like his approach is more artistic than technical which is appealing. The deal-sealer was the sale price of $10.99!

I won't have a chance to start the course in earnest for a while, but when I've finished I'll come back and comment here.

Thanks for the pointer.

Windows 10 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP & AD