You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm trying to create a Table of Contents for my document (see attached document).

Steps to recreate:

1. Generate some text.
  2. Go to the first page, and create a space to insert the TOC.  I used a page break to push the first H1-Heading 1 paragraph to Page 2.
  3. From the Text menu, select Table of Contents > Insert Table of Contents
  4. Select Text Flow from the Look in: option.
  5. Clear the checkmark in front of H2-Heading2 
  6. Select Chapter Title
  7. Select H1-Heading1
  8. Application crashes.

Attached: Crash log file and sample document that I was working on.

AF Pub Crash Log 03242019

IM Document Template.afpub

19 minutes ago, Michael117 said:

Go to the first page, and create a space to insert the TOC

Do I understand that you are putting the ToC in the text frame(s) with all the copy instead of a separate text frame on Page 1? I think that is the problem. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

11 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Do I understand that you are putting the ToC in the text frame(s) with all the copy instead of a separate text frame on Page 1? I think that is the problem. 

You are correct. I had been trying to create a TOC within the same text flow as the text.  I don't have ID to know if that is possible there, but I know that both Pages and Word allows you to generate a TOC in the same text flow as the text you are working in.  Also, AF Pub should handle that situation more gracefully than just crashing.  

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.