You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Background out of focus 112

I had been working on a project for a few days when I noticed part of the background was blurry.

I isolated the cause to a group containing 16 objects. When I clicked the group on an off the blurriness would go on and off.

All of the objects in the group have at least on live filter. Five have the perspective filter applied.

I have narrowed it down to the perspective filters. Turning off these perspective filters then zooming the document out and in brings back the focus 

to the layer behind that was blurry.

To recap: Filters, on objects, in a group are somehow affecting a layer behind that is not in the group. Screen movie attached.

Is there a way to skew an object on a layer other than the perspective filter.

If not I will have to go back to an earlier 1.6 copy and repeat some steps.

Thanks.

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

• Staff

Hey TomM1,

It looks like you have progressed with the file you sent me last week as I can't reproduce this on the version I have. I tried adding random filters to it (like you described).

Could you upload the current file to the same Dropbox folder so I can get this logged? Thank you :)

I have uploaded a stripped down version that seems to isolate the effect to the top group in the layers stack.

Turning the top group on and off should show the effect on the image below as in my screen cap.

Additionally, if you turn off the bottom 3 perspective live filters, in the top group, the blurry effect goes away.

( zooming out and back 100% is required to see the change)

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

• Staff

Hey TomM1,

Does this still happen if you change the Retina Rendering to Low quality (Fastest)?

I noticed my Retina Rendering was set to High quality (Slowest) which is what I recall telling you to switch to when you were having the other issue.

I think the sheer amount of adjustments and filters when set to the best rendering quality is just having a bit of an adverse effect on the screen :(

I thought I had tested all combinations but it doesn't happen at the low setting.

This, however is still not acceptable because, even with the offending group turned off under low setting, the image is less clear than on high.

Set on high I get the blurry effect after a number of filters applied. Set on low I don't get the effect but the overall image is degraded.

So what's the point of having all this fancy hardware and a 5K screen if the software can't handle it?

Perhaps my i5 processor is obsolete.

website

I have owned AP for some time but have been procrastinating about transitioning out of PS CS6.

I am just now digging into AP. It has many superior attributes and I look forward to using it.

But the performance of just about every aspect of 1.6, on large files, is very slow (on my computer at least).

1.7 seems to be a step up and I hope it all comes together.

website

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.