You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Automatic transforming (Designer)

Hi Folks,
For example i have a circle on the left side and a triangle on the right side of the document like in the screenshot below.
Now i want that Designer transforms the circle automatic to the triangle in, f.e, 8 steps and these 8 steps should be shown between the two objects which i created so that the transforming from the  circle to the triangle is visible.
Is there a function given which i can use for this? Is that even possible with designer?

1378679476_ScreenShot006.jpg.91f797dc1d5699a2e543ef8219130d2d.jpg

Thank you :)
Uwe

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

That isn’t currently possible in Affinity Designer but it’s on the 1.x roadmap. Meanwhile, you will need to use a separate application such as Inkscape or Serif DrawPlus and save/export to SVG for import into AD.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

A special case, done manually w/o too much trouble. Power duplicate a 3 sided polygon shape, and adjusted the curve parameter.

SpecialCase.jpg.232c116e4b62acdb3465bbdfd9150534.jpg

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

I tried out the suggestion from @gdenby and it works well but the transformation (adjust the curve parameter) i have to do manuelly at all elements. This will not be done automatic with power duplication or am i wrong?

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

Yes, the curve change does not happen automatically. It isn't a real blend. Only works some of the built in shapes w. have a variable, and requires manual input.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet