You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed settings in Photo too

Dear developers,

I have Photo and Designer too (and testing Publisher too), but I missing Bleed settings in Photo. I'm a book cover maker, and use Photo often. Cover made in Photo, but need open project in Designer for bleed settings only. If bleed settings will in Photo too, then I could export a press-ready PDF export with cropmarks and correct bleed.

Please add this option to properties too, this will help for photo to print export.

(Second solution: enable Photo and Designer in Publisher beta, and I will start a project across Publisher, and I could manipulate picture in Photo.)

Thanks!

To be honest I don't really see the point in this. Photo is a raster image editor, it isn't really intended for press ready publications. Your "second solution" will be available in the release version of Publisher. (For now you can use Designer for press ready PDFs). 

One of the big problems with Serif's (now) legacy software is that they tried to make PagePlus and DrawPlus etc all things to all people. Adding all sorts of extra  features that didn't really belong there. Eventually these programs became so unwieldy and bloated that they had to abandon them and create a whole new range of software. 

Personally I'd much rather Serif worked to improve existing features, and add those that are needed in each application, rather than spending time adding features in one application that are already available in another. The whole idea is to have an integrated/complimentary set of applications; it rather defeats the object if all options are available in all three, just to save the effort of swapping between them.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

I think while can export to press-ready PDF from Photo, then without bleed is nonsense. And I need Designer only for bleed settings, if I make a photo to print? Like book cover, bookmark, flyer, etc. Just photo and texts. No need Publisher or Designer for export. But if bleed is missing, need open project in Designer for bleed settings and export from there. This unconfortable. In Designer hasn't photo settings what I need, and if no use any vector tool, I no need for Designer, just for Photo.

Publisher will good, if create a new project from this, modify in Photo  and add to vector in Designer, but now is disabled yet these feature. I use Publisher for book wrapping, and Designer for vector projects.

• 3 years later...