You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Following workbook on page 92. I can manually select the four items in layers but then must use control-z to undo. I cannot use the layer menu to Release Compound as the workbook describes. BUT, if I select the layers I want and use the Layers Menu to Create Compound, I can then use Release Compound. Not sure this is a real problem or just me. Seems like no matter which method I use to create a compound the Layer Menu Release Compound should work. Using Windows 10.

Does it work if you try it on 1.6.5.123 (or .135) rather than on the beta? That might help indicate if it's a problem in the beta, or you doing something wrong.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
On 3/23/2019 at 5:36 AM, Tarkus said:

Following workbook on page 92. I can manually select the four items in layers but then must use control-z to undo. I cannot use the layer menu to Release Compound as the workbook describes. BUT, if I select the layers I want and use the Layers Menu to Create Compound, I can then use Release Compound. Not sure this is a real problem or just me. Seems like no matter which method I use to create a compound the Layer Menu Release Compound should work. Using Windows 10.

It sounds as though you haven't held down the Alt key to create the Compound object, as mentioned in Step 1 on pg. 91. Clicking 'Add' will create a regular curves object that cannot be released at a later date. Clicking 'Add' with the Alt key held down will create a Compound object that you can later use 'Release Compound' with.

I've just tried this in 1.7.0.258 and it is working as expected.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/6/2021 at 3:41 PM, BJP said:

I am using iPad version and don’t see any “Release Compound” option

Simply drag objects out of the compound in the layers studio  to release compound then when no objects left in the compound you can delete the compound layer.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.