Sign in to follow this  
Smee Again

Have I just been ripped off by Microsloth?

My bank doesn't like me to use my card overseas, so I thought I would purchase through the microsloth store ... download the software and install it on my computer at home. I have a couple of different microsloth accounts, one for work (this one) and two for my other computers at home. If I use one account, it screws with my head because if I change the wall paper at work, it changes everything at home. Therefore, not an option.

Made my purchase at the microsloth store and it will only allow me to install on THIS computer --- and I don't want to use it here, but rather at home where I do my mapping work. Their policy is no refunds.

Can I possibly download the software and install it at home? Oh, they don't give me the key so not sure what to do about that either.

It should be possible, but you will probably have to sign into the Windows Store on your home PC using your work account to set it up.

This link has more info: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfwinrt-surfusing/sharing-apps-between-user-accounts/c8511fd4-9d2a-45f9-991c-e8bd0c77b118

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.330 Beta

Refused to refund my money or give me a download link. I took up most of an hour of their time on the phone, kept being reassured that they could not refund my money for "3 to 5 business days minimum" (whatever that means). Explained to her that was unacceptable. Also told her they were adding to Serif's licensing policy.

Got the bank on the phone while talking to the microsloth rep, explained to the fraud department what was going on ... and lo and behold, while we were talking microsloth refunded my money. I thanked my banker, thanked the microsloth rep and will be placing my order in the next 30 minutes here.