kontrafuss

Crash on brush import

I was trying to import the Frankentoon Nature Brushes into iPad Designer. Me being a bit impatient, in the file browser I tapped to download both brush packs (Nature A and Nature B) in one go, ie they were downloading from Dropbox at the same time. When the import dialog closed, I ended up with only the Nature B pack available in the app. So I would go back to re-import Nature A, but this makes the app crash a few seconds after the dialog closes.

All the other imports work fine, the Nature A pack works fine on the desktop. Is there anything I can do to clean up?

Sorry for the delayed reply. Where did you purchase the Brushes from? I cannot see them in your Affinity Store account. 

I purchased them on 5 Sep 2018 directly from Frankentoon and put them on my DropBox. Would you suggest I try downloading the files again?

I suggest you contact Frankentoon and see if they can supply a lower-resolution version for the same brush. It looks as if they have a higher resolution version on their own website, and it crashes lower-spec iPads  (most likely caused by insufficient ram). The version we sell on our website works fine :)

I have received reply from Frankentoon. It turns out there is a newer version 1.1 of the Nature pack that works fine. I assume this is the version that is also in the Affinity store.

During installation there was a single crash after the third import operation (which was the stamps), but when I tried again, the import worked.

Thanks for helping!