You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo: Modern Special Effects released at Udemy!

Hi everyone,

2019-03-22_12-46-58-d183b86205e3d70434e3feede378cea6.jpg

I've just released a new 5 hour course at Udemy called Affinity Photo: Modern Special Effects and for an introductory offer you can use this coupon - ESPECIALFX to get the course for $9.99 instead of the full price of $59.99.  Here's the link for it - Affinity Photo: Modern Special Effects

In a series of tutorials, I'll show you how to combine the various Affinity Photo tools to recreate the most popular photo effects you can see today, and maybe come up with your own signature look. I'll show you the right way to use the tools along with any potential problems and things to watch for when you create a series of stunning effects. But flexibility is key here, so I'll also show you several ways to adapt your new recipes to meet the needs of different images. I'll make recommendations about which images are suitable for which special effect, and I'll be giving you exercises to practice what you have learned.

2019-03-22_12-47-25-719135690ad1ade77d236188b8eebff3.jpg

I assume a basic knowledge of Affinity Photo. But, because we will be using some of the more professional grade tools, I provide some reference videos which isolate and explain how to use them.

But here's the especially nice bit. I often do these kind of courses because I love learning new things but also because I think it's important that I go through the same process you do when you learn from one of my courses. I find the single biggest problem is taking notes. It's the single biggest thing that slows me down, sometimes by a factor of 4 or 5.

So I've made the notes for you. You will find a 50 page .pdf waiting for you to download from Lecture 2. It contains extensive notes on the methods and processes I describe along with many screenshots. So much better than a load of scribbled notes that took you ages to write down...

2019-03-22_12-48-41-69cca8c03a8e6a47f437b620193838a7.jpg

It's so easy when you create an effect to get the feeling that the software is doing the talking for you. Well, we'll change that. I'll go into enough detail about how to use the tools and the right workflow to use that you will gain a deeper understanding of the entire process. You'll be creating stunning, flexible effects. You'll be making your photos shine!

Thanks for your time,

Simon

... If you use Affinity Photo solely on the iPad you may want to wait for the version of this course that's especially for the iPad. I'm working on it now...

Simon,  thank you for putting together another AP course. You've got a new student. I'm especially interested in creating images like the top example above. 

I don't suppose you're working on something for AD? I'm taking an AD course now, and while it's good I like the way you do things better.

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

On 3/22/2019 at 5:06 PM, casterle said:

Simon,  thank you for putting together another AP course. You've got a new student. I'm especially interested in creating images like the top example above. 

I don't suppose you're working on something for AD? I'm taking an AD course now, and while it's good I like the way you do things better.

Thanks very much for the kind word casterle. I have no immediate plans for doing an Affinity Designer course but I wouldn't rule it out...

• 3 years later...