You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I prefer the keyboard shortcuts over icons, they are simply faster. If there is really a demand for these icons I would make them optional.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

2 hours ago, MMHawkes said:

779387425_pageplusicons.png.c3d55fdf071c98a8adc04f2ced804937.png

Pageplus has some useful icons which are missing. The most important one is the save icon. Please can the save icon be added.

I don't know PagePlus. But I don't think I need a single one of the symbols in your screenshot in APub (The last two don't tell me anything, though.).

2 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

If there is really a demand for these icons I would make them optional.

Practically all of the main toolbar icons are optional as you can customize what is on it.  Not all of them are in the default set, and I definitely agree that this one should NOT be in the default set (total waste of space), though as there is evidently at least one person in the world who thinks it is useful for some reason, I don't object to having the option to add it.  I only see this as remotely useful for a tablet or other type of system where there is no keyboard, and most of those are strictly auto-save anyway (at least the common tablet OSes).

2 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

I prefer the keyboard shortcuts over icons, they are simply faster.

For these things, definitely.

5 minutes ago, Michail said:

the last two don't tell me anything, though

Assuming you mean the ones in the box, those are common Windoze-isms for save and print.  If you mean the two under the Window menu, I don't know what those are either.

• 9 months later...

I agree

I cant believe the most basic icons that appear in EVERY program I have ever used are no longer available in applications like AFFINITY - for the sake of my SANITY can somebody please put back the icons for SAVE, Undo, Redo and Print - how can an organisation like SERIF think that they are better than Everybody else in the world and -  just delete them - they are not even optional. Makes me want to go out and look for new software .

@TKM, welcome to the forums!

On 1/10/2020 at 4:01 PM, TKM said:

just delete them

To be clear, Serif did not "delete" these toolbar icons.  They were never actually available in the Affinity series products to begin with - they were never added.

I suspect that most of us don't want them.  They simply waste screen space better spent on tools more relevant to the work itself.

On the Mac you won't see many applications that have a Save icon in the toolbar. Not in Apple's own apps, nor in 3rd party apps. In the few cases you see one, it typically is something ported from Windows, i get the feeling.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

10 minutes ago, RNKLN said:

On the Mac you won't see many applications that have a Save icon in the toolbar.

In most "modern" macOS applications they are saving automatically, even continuously in the background.  The entire concept of "save" is kind of blurred.