You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scissors tool addition

1 hour ago, laluma said:

It will be great if there was a scissors tool like there is on illustrator to make cutting easier. at the moment it is kind of complicated. 

Or knife.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

The knife tool  will be in the 1.7 release. I read it somewhere along the line but can't  remember when. I have an older beta version but cannot find the knife  tool. Maybe it will be added later in the beta cycle or in another release.

3 minutes ago, Bad_Wolf said:

The knife tool  will be in the 1.7 release.

Where have you read that, Chris? ears.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
18 minutes ago, Bad_Wolf said:

The knife tool  will be in the 1.7 release

??

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 3/22/2019 at 10:34 PM, Hokusai said:

I'd prefer something better than what is offered in Illustrator and hopefully that is what the guys are cooking up, that is my hope anyways!

Maybe the option in the Pen Tool to cut any vector/raster shape...

Best regards!

17 minutes ago, Bryce said:

isn't the way that AD splits lines better than the knife in IL? I never liked the scissors or the knife but the direct click and then split seems to work well for me.

I’ve never used Illy, but in other applications that have a Knife Tool you can slice through multiple points on one or more curves/paths, which is obviously more efficient than clicking and splitting one point at a time.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

6 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I’ve never used Illy, but in other applications that have a Knife Tool you can slice through multiple points on one or more curves/paths, which is obviously more efficient than clicking and splitting one point at a time.

You can split more than one now. You just hold down shift while you click on all the points you want to split and then split all at once when you click Break Curve. Maybe I'm missing something?

@Alfred

I can't remember exactly when but it was on this forum. Problem is that my short term memory is  damaged during a heart attack in June last year. So please don't be upset when I am wrong.

A knife tool should be a very nice addition to the toolset of Affinity Designer, however for me I can live without.

I am looking forward to the 1.7 stable version because I am sure it will be a great release!

Chris

• 11 months later...