You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question - How to set auto generic name at file save as

Saving file as has a blank file name.

I wish to have the option to set a preset file name.

For me this would be used as a tag to find AffinPhoto files amongst a varied and huge data base. At present this has been left up to me to to type in Affin every time which sometimes i have forgotten and so will not show when i search in Windows. 

Many thanks in advance :D 

1 hour ago, ZestyOnion said:

Saving file as has a blank file name.

I see <original file name>.afphoto - exporting gives me <original file name>.<appropriate extension>.  Merging / stacking gives me "untitled.afphoto".

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

@ianSG ah yes you are right with the file names my bad. However, i would still like to add a tag if you will every time i 'save as'. e.g. <original file name><a tag>.afphoto. Given the tag will be basically AffinityPhoto will allow me to search for exported files with one key word as it will be contained in the file name. File type does not transfer over when exporting as JPEG in this case. 

I need the software to get this right for me every time - i can not be left up to the task as i will likely forget sometimes and then if i search for the file it will not come up. Should i pass this on to Affinity Photo software engineers? 

24 minutes ago, ZestyOnion said:

Should i pass this on to Affinity Photo software engineers? 

Yes - the feature request forum is here.  It's a good idea to see if it's already been requested - it avoids multiple strings for the same topic, and maybe someone's come up with a workround.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10