You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

replace single pixel in 'rainbow'

Hello

I have used the 'rainbow' default style, which is wonderful, but I don't wan't the bright yellow pinpoint in the centre. I've tried various different ways to replace the pixel at the centre (10 9 100 0) with the adjacent pixel (21 7 100 0), but am getting nowhere. I have AfD and AfP and haven't found the right search terms to express my problem to find the solution, so have started a new thread. I hope you can help? 

Thank you!

Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 09.48.55.png

I think that what @BeccaT (the OP) has posted is a blow-up and that each block represents a single pixel. I cannot solve @BeccaT's problem, but this might help others do so.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I am going to show my ignorance here, what is a Rainbow Default Style? 

Also what program are you using, Designer or Photo? Is this something which is in both?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

11 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I am going to show my ignorance here, what is a Rainbow Default Style? 

Also what program are you using, Designer or Photo? Is this something which is in both?

‘Rainbow’ is one of the styles supplied (along with ‘Sunset’, ‘Metal’, ‘Onyx’, ‘Glass’ and ‘Salmon’) in the Default category in the Styles panel in both AD and APh.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

6 hours ago, BeccaT said:

I have used the 'rainbow' default style, which is wonderful, but I don't wan't the bright yellow pinpoint in the centre. I've tried various different ways to replace the pixel at the centre (10 9 100 0) with the adjacent pixel (21 7 100 0), but am getting nowhere. I have AfD and AfP and haven't found the right search terms to express my problem to find the solution, so have started a new thread. I hope you can help? 

Not sure if I understand correctly your problem here (?), but when you use the pixeltool you can place a pixel of another color on that selected pixel. Afterwards you can merge the visiable layers of the initial rainbow style shape and the single placed pixel.

pixeltool.jpg.ec7355af7f39a3e8e71461702315da49.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Note however that the above said is when using a vector shape with a rainbow style as fill. - If you instead rasterize the vector shape first, you can afterwards use the fill tool and apply directly another color onto the pixel.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Yes, the layer needs to be rasterized. One may then choose any color, and with the flood fill tool set to a tolerance of Zero, fill any pixel w. a different color.

If keeping the layer a vector w. gradient fill, adding the gaussian blur fx w. alpha protected will smear the colors, and eliminate a bright spot.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

thank you so much  @John Rostron @haakoo @gdenby @v_kyr for the different options which are so helpful. For info, I used the vector with gradient fill, adding 0.1px  gaussian blur/alpha protected which achieved exactly the result I was looking for :)

Edited by BeccaT
Update thank yous, with the solution I used to solve the problem