You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some cursor icons are not very visible

There's a cross-hair cursor below if you look really carefully.

image.png.365f85eef4b859a4a292b822017801ce.png

How the cursors appear on my PC:

4K display,  150% scaling, Windows Version 10.0.18356 Build 18356 (also happens on mainstream release).

Please can you fix these. It's been like this for a long time now.

Previous thread:

XCCaDEjEBV.gif

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

It's a 32" screen, but I've just verified that it also occurs on my work PC with a HD monitor when setting the display scaling to 125, 150 etc.% from the in-built Windows Display Settings dialogue.

Just to clarify, as the gif and video may be reducing fidelity, it only seems to be ones that use the cross-hairs such as the shape tools and text.

Compatibility options are off:

image.png.4c82422f849720bf7514f5ebe4643768.png

image.png.d8b51b72efa897db3f10b61e1d694b66.png

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

• Staff

Thanks for clarifying. 

We're going to have to try some tests with different setups. I assume you're running both screens at their native resolution too?

I've just tried my 4k and 1440p and 1080p with 125, 150 and 200% scaling and the cursors remain sharp and crisp, albeit a tad small at some settings.

I also assume that you don't experience this with any other apps?

I'll get back once I've had chance to test this on some different setups. 

Displays are running at their native resolution in both instances.

4 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I've just tried my 4k and 1440p and 1080p with 125, 150 and 200% scaling and the cursors remain sharp and crisp, albeit a tad small at some settings.

How strange. No wonder it's never been picked up.

Display drivers are different on both machines as well: one is Intel and one is AMD.

CrPzyCp.jpg

• Staff

Hi Matt,

I've had another look at this today with a few other hardware configs and I'm still unable to reproduce the issues seen in your video. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what might be happening to be honest.

The only thing I can't get access to is a 32" screen like you said you were using, but saying that, you did mention it happens on your HD screen on a 2nd computer...

Thanks Chris

So the cursor for the shape icon always looks like video 1, regardless of the the scaling when you tested it?

Video 1 - Good

Video 2 - Bad

Yes, this still happens on a standard HD monitor if the scaling is not a multiple of 100.

200% seems to be better and shows more white around the edges. Still not as crisp as the 100%, although that may be by design.

From the original thread:

On 11/8/2016 at 8:52 PM, Mark Ingram said:

Anything under 200% will just use the 100% cursor. I wonder if Windows has some issue with opacity < 50%? At least we have a method to reproduce it, so we should be able to tweak the cursor until it's right :).

Both setups are dual/triple monitor, but I've just tried disabling the extra displays and it still happens on either of the displays individually.

On a side note, is there any way to limit the embedded video width in these posts?

CrPzyCp.jpg

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.