You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change 'next paragraph style' default

A common feature in word processors is to define which style follows the application of any given style e.g. 'Heading 1' followed by 'Heading 2' itself followed by 'Body'.

I've had a good look around the UI and this forum but cannot find anything. So please add as a suggestion or show me how to do it! 

PS: at present I'm copying past the first couple of lines of a given section and then replacing the text. Not ideal but it works.

6 minutes ago, Moscool said:

A common feature in word processors is to define which style follows the application of any given style e.g. 'Heading 1' followed by 'Heading 2' itself followed by 'Body'.

Hello @Moscool,

go to text styles and double click a style. In the topmost section called 'Style' you find a drop down box called 'Next style'. It does exactly what you are asking for :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

12 minutes ago, dominik said:

Hello @Moscool,

go to text styles and double click a style. In the topmost section called 'Style' you find a drop down box called 'Next style'. It does exactly what you are asking for :)

d.

Allo Dominik

I'm being particularly hopeless here... I cannot find the 'Next Style' option anywhere!

1 hour ago, Moscool said:

I'm being particularly hopeless here... I cannot find the 'Next Style' option anywhere!

Hi @Moscool,

I try to explain in three steps and give you a screenshot. I assume you have an APub document open with some text in a text frame. By the way: I'm on Windows.

1. Select menu 'View > Studio > Text Styles' and make sure it has a checkmark.
  2. In the 'Text Styles' studio double click on any text style > a pop up window opens named 'Edit Text Style'.
  3. The 'Next Style' drop down is located in the upper section (see screenshot)
next-textstyle.thumb.png.a394cb6830ca8d18f9139f72958a9084.png

I hope this helps.
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil