You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.270

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: Mac OS 10.9 or above

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher build 270 is now available as a manual download from the link above and on auto-update.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks for your continued feedback.

---

Updates and Fixes 

Application
Updated Publisher file associations for non-native file types
Fixes for drag-dropping and copy-pasting from a browser

View / Tools
Added an Image Info Control on Image Context Toolbar
'Lock Guides' added to menus
Text / Table Tool fix for selection issues
Fixes for Power Duplicate
Fixed Text Frame Baseline Grid redraw issue with nested frames
Fix for issues when switching between fill types
Pen Tool / Node Tool updates including snapping
Reported guide position now takes into account ruler origin
View Rotate Left / Rotate Right now rotates in 90 degree increments in Publisher only
(Win) Fixed UI glitch with Picture Frame Properties buttons

Text
Fixes for Text Wrap panel not updating correctly after close and re-open
Fixed Find and Replace across multiple stories
Hyphenation not functioning with Type 1 fonts
Fix for erroneous spell check warnings when languages switch within text
Fix for currency symbols being flagged as a spelling error
Hyperlinks on Master Pages now handled better
(Mac) Fix for Hyperlink dialog on non-Mojave macOS versions
Prevent insertion of hyperlink anchors on master spreads
Fix for anchor insertion on text frames promoted from Master Page
(Win) Fixed Tab Stop limits

Tables
Added facility to remove as well as add Table columns / rows with header control
Redraw issues with table insets
Table insets are now maintained correctly when a table is resized
Fix for up / down spinners failing in Table Panel and Table Format Editor

Pages / Master Pages
Fixed changing Picture Frame Properties for Master Page Picture Frames
Fix for splitting Masters from facing to single. Fix deleting nested master pages
Fix for Page Thumbnails not always getting updated when master page text changes

Assets
Fix for Assets Panel expansion bug
Double clicking an Asset will now seed the Place Tool and switch to it for placement
(Win) Fixed searching in Assets
(Mac, Win coming soon) Added Drag Drop files from Finder into the asset panel

Image Import
Fixed Embedded documents not always updating correctly when replaced
Fixed loss of a selected Artboard when Embedded document replaced

Export
Fixed rasterization of clipped vector objects
Fix for JPEG Export size not always being honoured
Fix for Greyscale PDF not exporting as Greyscale
Fixes for 16 bit image handling with K Only
Added compression method for TIFF export
---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 257

• Staff
1 minute ago, tariq said:

have I misread it?

no

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

3 minutes ago, postmadesign said:

This does not work for the Picture Frame tool, though. I hope you can add it here too.

Perhaps a quick button to the resource manager would be handy too?

Definitley required as i only put images in image frames either on the page or on a master

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

Yes, we'll patch it in for the Picture Frame Tool.

Thanks, saves me asking for it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:10 PM, tariq said:

I'd like to test it again when anchored images/other content can reflow with the text

looking at the changelog I can't see it - have I misread it?

For me are anchored or inline images essential too! I can’t wait to see this function in Publisher … That’s the point when I wouldn’t need InDesign anymore!

Great stuff - glad to report that export raster info setup as spot colours works well in PDF/X-4 format - also tried PDF/X1a 2003 - X-3 which converts to CMYK - still Great to have this.

Also a problem I was having where trying to export a 16pg School prospectus, as a booklet including trim and bleed at 64%, from the print dialog, as PDF now mostly works say 50% of the time - Still it was bombing every time in the last beta:  

ACE WORK

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 11.51.49.png

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

On 3/25/2019 at 3:55 PM, cubesquareredux said:

The following may be silly but …

Can you please update the version string with each new beta build?

Version strings are not limited to three numbers. For example, the version of Google Chrome I'm posting from is numbered 73.0.3683.86.

Not silly at all if you ask me. Affinity beta versions have 4 levels, i.e. current APub is 1.7.0.270. It is displayed as such in the About window. that's great. But it's displayed with 3 levels only in the Finder info window and the auto-update dialogue, i.e. 1.7.0. At least in the later place, it's slightly frustrating, because the potential changes are in the level not displayed. I do not know how challenging it would be to align that, but that would be great (I know, I've already said that... :13_upside_down:).

1 hour ago, vonBusing said:

But it's displayed with 3 levels only in the Finder info window and the auto-update dialogue, i.e. 1.7.0.

Yes, I was using the term "version string" the way Apple uses it to refer to the information that Finder displays. Serif appears not to update this information with each new beta build. And as you say explicitly, Serif does not update this information for its own auto-update procedure, either!

Using macOS 10.13.6 and Publisher 1.9.3