You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Boolean Operation Gaps

• The process is creating paths with any stroke size which I call "lineart" and saved as a group.
  • That group is duplicated
  • the duplicated groups paths are expanded to curves and then the boolean operation "add" is used
  • once the lineart is merged with "add" I then divide the results, thus creating the "interior" shapes I use as color fills

You can see in the example provided that the "interior" shapes aren't always consistent with their "lineart" counterparts. This happens in both the beta and the official release.

boolean_edge_issue.png

Both Expand Strokes and the Boolean operations are buggy at present.

Numerous discussions of this on the forum.

Perhaps there is another workflow?

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• Staff

Hi Sullyman, 

Do you have an example file you can attach with a few quick steps on the operations needed to reproduce this please? We'll only need a small portion of the document so feel free to delete other areas if you don't wish to share the whole file!

Thanks

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.