You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text deleted when switching from 2-page to single page spreads

Posted in support forum previously. I think this is a bug.

I'm using Affinity Publisher Beta v. 1.7.0.249. I started with a facing-pages spread layout, and filled it with text (100+ pages). As an experiment -- since I know of a publishing house that requires single-page spreads and doesn't want two-page spreads -- I unchecked the "facing pages" box in the Document Setup dialog. All of my text disappeared! Images are still on the pages on which I placed them, but there is no text at all.

I had saved the document, and reverted to that version, so nothing was lost, but if I need to go to a single-page format, I'll have to recreate the entire document.

Is this a bug, or a feature that is still incomplete? It should work to switch the layout once the text is placed.

16 minutes ago, SheriVan said:

I know of a publishing house that requires single-page spreads and doesn't want two-page spreads

Do that at the export stage. 

I think it would be great to have the pages switch from double to single page spreads but with out a single page Master Page (actually a pair, Left and Right) There is nothing for Publisher to flow text in. At least that is how I see the current set up. Perhaps you could try a Pair of Single Master Pages then put them on the Double Page Master ... seems like too much work with many pitfalls. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

14 minutes ago, fde101 said:

To clarify that, when you export, select "All Pages" instead of "All Spreads" as the range of what is being exported.

Thanks for setting it straight. I always miss out the most important part in the advice I give.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.