You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi jc4d,
Currently there's no specific tools to fill objects with vector patterns however you can use symbols help you achieve a similar result - you only have to edit the symbol to update all the instances of it in the project. To learn more about symbols check this video tutorial:  Symbols.

12 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi jc4d,
Currently there's no specific tools to fill objects with vector patterns however you can use symbols help you achieve a similar result - you only have to edit the symbol to update all the instances of it in the project. To learn more about symbols check this video tutorial:  Symbols.

Hi MEB,

Thank you for your reply. Although symbols are a very powerful feature is not what I would need to accomplish the task.

I work as 3D visualizer and sometimes I get from clients ready render where I need to put e.g. on a wall lines simulating wood panels, and here I would need a vector fill with the ability to change the size exactly like the Bitmap in the fill tool behave. I'm aware of the Procedural texture available in Photo beta, but I would love to have the vector power of that feature over Designer.

PhotoLine has this feature where the user can add/create any pattern and the objects will fill with it in a extremely easy way. Maybe it worth for you to check it out, because I'm an Serif products sucker :D

Could this topic be moved to feature request?

• 2 months later...

+1

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 1 month later...

+1

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...

+1

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

@ecDesign Studio & @Hal8000

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

What a coincidence joining at the same time and posting in the same two feedback threads, within a minute of each other. I assume you know each other

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...