You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting from Selection

Hi!

I am trying to export a simple square from an artboard by selecting it and exporting without background/with background.

The dimensions show 136x136 on export but it exports at 136x135. How do I fix this?

EDIT: If I just click the width and height in the export screen (both are 136 like normal) to edit and then click okay, it will export at 136. Is this just a bug?

Thanks!

Spritesheet.png

Edited by MousePods
new information

• Staff

Hi MousePods :)

I've tried to replicate this issue and unfortunately I have not yet been able. Could you please provide a copy of your .afdesign file to your reply? This will allow me to investigate this further! 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

of course!

Instructions so you don't have to rewatch video:

1. Select square
  2. export
  3. Area: with/without background, both don't work
  4. The square will export to 136x135 even thought it says 136x136 before exporting.
  5. If you want to see my "fix", just uncheck lock constraints, click height, click okay. 

Thanks for looking into this. I probably should have posted this into the bug area but I thought it might be a setting I was missing.

Spritesheet.afdesign

Edited by MousePods

• Staff

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response.

I've been trying to figure out how/why the object is in the state that it's in, as opening the document on the desktop and setting pixel points to 10 decimals still displays the object as exactly 136 x 136 pixels, however this is not correct, the object is 136 x 135.xxx(?).

I'm continuing to test and try to replicate this between the desktop and iPad version, but I'd recommend simply resetting the objects size in your document, as in my screen recording below. Since doing this, the object exports correctly. I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!