You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Opening one File causes Publisher to hang

Hi

I've created a number of files in Publisher with no real problems. However I have created one file 65Mb which causes Publisher to hang when I try to open it. I get the message on screen Missing Resource(s). Some of your linked resource files are missing. Would you like to locate them? However I'm unable to click on either Yes or No and have to close down Publisher using Task Manager. A few times before this I was able to open the file by clicking on No but this option is not available to me now. It seems to have occurred since the last update.

I've just confirmed that the problem is something to do with the update. I've located earlier versions of the file which I was able to open and edit, they're producing the same behaviour in Publisher

Is the file corrupted now? Can I get it back or not?

thanks

Edited by chrisv
New Information

I've now sorted this out.

I tried to load a previous version of Publisher, which of course didn't work.

I then uninstalled Publisher, including all extraneous files, using an uninstall programme and then reinstalled

This enabled me to open the file, I then replaced each of the missing linked files and saved the file with a new file name. The file now opens.

I had renamed one of the folders in which I stored my images which caused the broken links, there were about 20.

Let me know if it would still be useful for you to have a copy of the "broken" file

regards

Update

The latest Beta (downloaded 26.3.19) seems to have solved the problem. Both the old file (which didn't open most of the time) and the modified file now open with no problems. Also files seem to open much more quickly in the new beta.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.