You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Object box fade?

The topic title might not be the best wording... what's the purpose of the outline fade after deselecting a text or picture box?

It only seems to happen after selecting/clicking away from an item for the first time after opening a document, but not thereafter. It's a little bit distracting and makes wonder if there's some reason?

Also something that doesn't happen every time - I'm getting a sort of 'ghost' image when adjusting a text or picture box which has the unfortunate habit of snapping to guides and other items, instead of the 'actual' box snapping...

That answers the first question but not the second (effect shown in the video after 0:17), which I have also seen quite often lately.
The bounding box - as can be seen on the right of the picture frame in the video - seems to 'slip' away from where it should be. I've seen this happen on picture frames, text frames and shapes.

Aha I see, thanks! I didn't think of looking at the snapping manager, I looked through the preferences. Actually I haven't looked closely at the SM for some time, looks like it's evolved a wee bit. The thing with Beta software is that the manual, if one even exists, is ever a-changing.

I'm a simple man who knew every single function of QuarkXpress 6. After 6.5 they got tricky. :) Not everything is as obvious as it was in them there olden days.