Hi

I am used to using PagePlus 9 and use the book feature to stitch together many articles with photos from different authors and sources to make a school publication which is photo rich and can run to 90 pages plus at times.  The articles arrive randomly over time and the ability to create chapters and then re-order and re-index is invaluable.  Is the chapter feature available on Infinity Publisher?

2 hours ago, Alastair Cook57 said:

I am used to using PagePlus 9 and use the book feature to stitch together many articles with photos from different authors and sources to make a school publication which is photo rich and can run to 90 pages plus at times.  The articles arrive randomly over time and the ability to create chapters and then re-order and re-index is invaluable.  Is the chapter feature available on Affinity Publisher?

Currently no. From your described workflow I doubt that Publisher would be able to handle it without a lot of work from your end. A chapter based system would be a real boon not only for yourself. I much prefer to wait until everything is in and am constantly disappointed by the real world.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.518

To Affinity: are there plans to provide a facility to create a book from a series of chapters in separate files? I previously used indesign but have created a large book on Designer in eight chapters and am now concerned that I have wasted a lot of my time. I didn't think to check whether this facility is available as I assumed that it was as everyone is writing how much better Designer is than inDesign

27 minutes ago, PeterHolmes said:

I didn't think to check whether this facility is available as I assumed that it was as everyone is writing how much better Designer is than inDesign

If you are the only person working on a book, then there is very little or no value in having a book facility in Publisher.

If you have a team of people working on a book then that facility is rather important.

If you split your book in chapters then you can easily PDF each individual chapter and put the chapters together at the end.

You should be aware that the latest Publisher beta has an option of importing other Publisher documents.

DOCUMENT -> Add Pages from File ...

This feature is still quite buggy but you can start testing it and submitting bug reports in Publisher Beta forums.

Finally, this is not a must have feature, by any means, especially now that we can import other documents, unless, like I said earlier you produce books in a team.

I'm someone who makes books in a team (and, frankly, it seems this is a very common publishing situation, unless your are self-publishing your novel). And I add my voice to the request for a book feature. Unfortunately, pasting separate PDF files is not feasible if you want to keep indexes and cross-references in synch, and importing is not practical for frequent updates of the book during work.

Paolo