You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Raw development locks up computer

I have an issue when using sliders on raw development it will lock up and freeze my computer. YouTube will stop playing and my mouse won’t move. It does with any raw photo. Once out of raw development, performance improves. Is there any settings to help improve this?

my specs:

ryzen 1700 processor 

32gigs of ddr4

1080 ti gpu

installed on Samsung eco 960 m.2

• Staff

Hi ErikB,

This is somewhat surprising to say you have such a competent setup. 

Recently, we've had a few reports of higher end PC's struggling with performance. Would you be able to try the following for me, please:

1. Open the Task Manager
  2. Details tab
  3. Locate Photo.exe
  4. Right Click > Set Affinity
  5. Disable two cores

Let me know if this improved performance. 

I will try to get video of it when I get home and I will attached the file. I did try the steps given to me early and it seem seem to help improve the issue the little bit that I tested. There is still a slight pause sometimes in raw development. I’ve had some of the issues since buy affinity. I love the software and would love for it to be my one stop shop, this is the only issue I have with the software. 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.